Spaceship Prototype: Ship, Bullets and Difficulty
Yesterday I’ve been working on some visual tweaks as well as adding new assets. First of all, the ship has been improved for a better aerodynamic profile (tho there is no air in space). Here’s a side by side comparisson:
While the boxy look might inspire some confidence on some, I’m confident the new shape will stick with more people. I think it needs a different paint job tho.
Bullets have also been updated to look a bit better, but I think they need to stand out more. I also added ramping difficulty so it gets more challenging as it goes. Here’s how it looks like now:
On the side, I’ve tested the game on a mobile device and it works great. Still need to sort things out like different aspect ratios, but performance wise it’s coming great.
So, for Phase 1, these are the things missing:
– Asteroid art
– Enemies art (at least 2 or 3 variants)
Hopefully the game will be fully completed in 2-3 weeks, which would be awesome :)