Summoning the elements
As noted in the app description in all stores, the next version of SeaCrypt will implement elements on equipment, dungeons and enemies to spice up exploration. I will explain it in detail here.
Four elements are added into the game: Water, Fire, Wind and Earth. The fifth being Neutral, already implemented but with no effect whatsoever (since everything was Neutral). As you’ll find in almost all games in which these are implemented, every element is weak against one, strong against another and indifferent towards the remaining one. Here is a handy reference chart (indifferent ones are opposites):
In game, this means when attacking a weaker element damage is doubled and when attacking a stronger one, it is halved. Attacking the same or opposite elements yields full damage. Neutral is a special case: when attacking elements, neutral deals 10% more damage. But when others attack Neutral, they deal 10% less damage. Neutral vs Neutral deals full damage. Here is a handy chart (detailing attack modifiers for Fire and Neutral):
How it affects equipment
Equipment may now have an element associated (if none is set, the default element is Neutral). When damage is dealt, it is spread proportionally to each equipment part based on the amount of health provided. Damage is then multiplied by the health provided by that item. Those which deduct health apply increased damage and base HP is always Neutral.
Here is a handy example:
Character: 20 HP
Damage: 5 HP FIRE
Base: 10 HP
Helm: 10 HP WATER
Boots: 5 HP WIND
Sword: -5 HP EARTH
Proportional Damage: 5 / 25 => 0.2 Dmg per HP
Base: 10 HP => 2 Damage
Helm: 10 HP WATER => 1 Damage (50% reduction)
Boots: 5 HP WIND => 2 Damage (100% amplification)
Sword: -5 HP EARTH => 1.5 Damage (50% amplification)
Total Damage: 6.5 HP (6 rounded).
How it affects dungeons
When generated, dungeons are assigned an element. Each floor in that dungeon will most likely be of that element variety. On Elemental ones, there is an 80% chance of the floor being themed on the dungeon property, 15% chance of it being neutral and 5% chance of it being the opposite element. On Neutral dungeons, there is an 80% chance of floors being Neutral, and 5% chance on each element.
When applied to floors, enemies spawned will be of that element (currently, enemies have elemental attack and full hp). There is also a small 10% chance of spawning Neutral enemies in elemental levels, and a 2% for each element to spawn themed enemies in Neutral dungeons. Chests will always be themed to the current level’s element.
Look forward to the next update!